PRE-ORDERS ARE NOW LIVE!
First batch will ship between Dec 20 and Jan 8
If you need yours before Christmas let me know in your order notes
**Please Note** Monthly Pre-Order slots are limited. Once a variation shows ‘No Stock’, click Subscribe to be notified when new Pre-Orders drop,
or check the website header in a few hours for the next Pre-Order dates
The Reverend XX is the Dual-Format version of the Decibelics The Reverend, my take on one of my all-time favorite pedals: The sought-after, vintage Bixonic Expandora – One of the first ‘Boutique’ pedals, Made in Japan, used among the greatest guitarists the likes of Joe Satriani, Megadeth, Bootsy Collins, Slipknot… And made famous by Billy Gibbons for its ZZ Top signature sound.
The Expandora was a phenomenal Overdrive/Distortion/Fuzz, a highly evolved Rat with an ‘expander’ circuit that made the pedal dynamically sensitive, allowing users to vary the amount of distortion with the pick’s attack or by adjusting their instrument’s volume knob.
Imagine playing La Grange and being able to go from the clean part to the distortion part just by strumming harder. That’s the magic of this circuit!
Apart from the ‘Script Logo’ beta version (very rare), there were 3 variations of the pedal through the years:
- EXP-2000, aka the ‘Original Version’. The most famous one, with 2 internal DIP switches to change between 3 gain stages plus the additional ‘Forbidden Setting’.
- EXP-2001, a larger version with slightly different sound, replaced the original switches with an external 4th knob. No ‘Forbidden’ setting on this one.
- EXP-2000R, the Reissue version of the EXP-2000. The internal switches were replaced by external ones and added an extra Bass switch. Replaces some of the rare components of the EXP-2000 for more widely available ones, like the TL072 chip.
The Decibelics Reverend XX is a part-for-part replica of the ‘Original Version’ EXP-2000 but with added best elements/characteristics of all three versions, plus extras:
- Dual format – 2 Expandora circuits in one box
- Circuits replica of my original MIJ Bixonic Expandora EXP2000
- Featuring the unique Expander Circuit on both channels for incredible saturation dynamics never seen in other drives
- Tone modeled after my 5 original Expandora (All versions)
- Hand Made using a mix of SMT and old-style through-hole components
- Highest Quality components and hardware
- Only replica to use Expandora’s original N.O.S. RN2206 transistor and N.O.S. JRC4558DD op-amp
- Uses OP07 chips and H11F1 optocouplers, fine-tuned to deliver the exact tone and feel of the originals
- 4 Knobs per channel, being the fourth one the replacement of the original switches
- ‘Forbidden Setting’, the explosive, brutal, gated Fuzz mode found on the EX-2000 and EXP-2000R
- External Guitar-Bass switch of the EXP-2000R for each channel
- External 3-way Clipping Switch (Silicon|LED|Germanium) for each channel
- True Bypass, soft-click footswitches with programmed memory + Momentary option
- Low noise floor, Decibelics-Style
The Reverend XX was born after requests from users of The Reverend who wanted a dual-channel pedal to access the different Expandora modes on the same board. For example- You can configure one side for a mid-gain base tone in Mode II, and set the other for higher gain parts in Mode F, engaging both sides for solos. The footswitches are optimally spaced for ease of use, allowing you to switch each side ON and OFF independently or activate both at once with a single foot press. Additionally, the Momentary Mode allows you to engage or disengage the effect(s) as long as you keep your foot pressed down.
The Intelligent Bypass employs programmable relays to accommodate your specific needs. You have the option to program it to power up with the effect active, start with the effect bypassed, or remember the last bypass/engage state from its previous use.
Colors available: Standard Black, Fire Red, Chrome Black, Chrome Red.
Accessories included: The Reverend customized shipping box, 4 Rubber Feet, Decibelics Guitar Pick, Decibelics Sticker, English Instructions.
+ I build them in monthly runs. Every first week of the month I decide how many The Reverend XX I’m going to build – depending on the time and stock of components available – and I put them in Pre Order on the Decibelics website. I build them in the following weeks, until they are finished, tested in the studio and I ship them at the end of the month.
+ Every Decibelics pedal is custom signed with the name of the customer on the inner side of the rear plate. Please note that I will write the name that appears on billing address – If you want me to write another name, let me know in the order notes or drop me a message (guillem @ decibelics.com)
+ This is a Pre Order – Your Decibelics The Reverend will be completed and ready to ship 4-5 weeks after the order is placed. In most cases I ship a bit ahead of schedule, so if you are in the process of moving by the time your pedal is being built, let me know beforehand.
SHIPPING AND RETURNS
+ Prices do not include shipping costs
+ I ship from Barcelona, Spain (Europe) – I use UPS, Fedex, and Correos. Tracked and Insured. I use Express shipping only – It costs just a tad more but it’s well worth it: much faster and trouble-free. You are buying a Premium pedal and you’ll get Premium customer service. Since I reached a fantastic agreement with my shipping manager, prices are similar or even below most non-express shipping costs. Transit time is usually less than a week, but may vary depending on the destination country.
Express Shipping costs for 1 pedal: USA/Canada 26EUR, Spain/Portugal 6EUR, Europe (EU) 14EUR, Europe (Non-EU) 19EUR, Asia/Oceania 35EUR
Combined orders will have the shipping costs reduced for the 2nd and successive pedals.
+ Any import duties, taxes, or customs fees are not included in the product price or shipping costs. As you know, these charges are the buyer’s responsibility. USA customers: FYI, Goods valued at US$800 or less can enter duty-free into the US.
+ Customers from the UK after Brexit: You may noticed a drop in the price of my pedals, as the 21% EU VAT is no longer applied to UK orders. However, please note that with the new Brexit regulations, and based on what my recent UK customers reported, UK Customs may charge you 20% VAT and a £12 admin fee. Some reported receiving the pedal at no charge, but they seem to be the exception.
+ All Decibelics pedals are covered by our Limited Lifetime Warranty. This warranty covers any manufacturer’s defects and is only applicable to the original owner. It DOES NOT cover normal wear and tear or product failure, cracking, breaking, damage, or loss caused by misuse, dropping, abuse, lack of maintenance, improper assembly, or not meeting the criteria of a manufacturer’s defect.
+ Orders are final and cannot be canceled. This item is sold As-Described and cannot be returned unless it arrives in a condition different from how it was described.
Dimensions with jacks: L 98mm (3.85in) x W 120mm (4.72in), Height 57mm (2.24in)
Power requeriments: 9V DC (MAX) Standard Negative Center – Current Draw: 30mA